Chocolate is something that spells ‘indulgence’. Chocolates are something to die for or to crave for. A gift, a treat, to handle some mood swings a bar of chocolate is an answer to everything. What if I tell you that chocolate face mask can give you radiant flawless skin. Surprised? Don’t be your skin loves chocolates as much as you love.
Dark chocolate has amazing health benefits too. Surprisingly eating one piece of dark chocolate has immense benefits to your skin. Dark chocolate contains catechins, polyphenols, flavonoids. These organic compounds make it a powerful antioxidant.
Here are some homemade chocolate face mask recipes.
Chocolate Face Masks
1. Lush Chocolate Mask
This mask is especially for oily to acne prone skin.
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder ( unsweetened 70% cocoa contain)
- Pinch of cinnamon.
- 1 tablepsoon of raw honey.
- Take a bowl mix cocoa powder, honey and cinnamon.
- Make a paste.
- Apply it to your face and neck
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off.
Chocolate and honey possess anti-oxidant properties that kill the acne causing bacteria without drying the skin. They also keep skin soft and supple.
2. Beauty Treatment Mask
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- 2 tablespoon
- 2 vitamin E capsules.
- Mix all the ingredients and blend well.
- Pierce vitamin E capsules and blend it.
- Apply this paste and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash the face.
This chocolate face mask will give you a radiant glow on your face.
3. Chocolate And Oats
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- 2 tablespoon of oats powder or oatmeal.
- 1 tablespoon of cream.
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Mix all the ingredients and apply it all over your face and neck.
- Use once in a week for best results.
Oats removes all the dead skin cells from your skin’s surface. While the other ingredients keep your skin soft and moisturized.
4. Toning Chocolate Face Mask
- Melted chocolate.
- 1 banana.
- 1/2 cup strawberry.
- 1 cup watermelon or juice.
- Blend all the fruits and add chocolate to it.
- Apply face mask and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
This mixed fruit toning mask is extremely hydrating one. It not only moisturizes your skin but also keeps it healthy.
5. Homemade Dark Chocolate Mask
- 2 bars of dark chocolate.
- 2/3 cup of milk.
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- 3 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Melt the chocolate bar in a bowl.
- Add salt, sugar and milk to it and blend it well.
- Allow it to cool and then apply all over your face and neck.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
This homemade chocolate face mask is full of antioxidants which nourishes your skin. And also protects it from harmful free radicals.
6. Chocolate And Clay Mask
- 2 tablespoon of clay ( fuller’s earth).
- 2 tablespoon of yogurt.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil or coconut oil.
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- Mix all the ingredients and apply the mixture all over your face and neck.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
Lemon juice and yogurt brighten up your skin and unclog the pores. And along with fuller’s earth and coconut oil it rejuvenates your skin.
7. Brightening Mask
- 1 tablespoon of gram flour.
- 1 teaspoon yogurt.
- 1/4 cocoa powder.
- 1 lemon.
- Add all the ingredients and blend it well.
- Apply all over your face.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes.
Gram flour and lemon cleanse your skin and
- Apply chocolate face mask on a cleansed face.
- Never let chocolate mask dry completely, wash it off when it is semi dry.
- While choosing cocoa powder only choose 70% powder or more than that.
- Read the ingredients list carefully.