Holi, the colourful festival
But over the years the natural colours have been replaced with the synthetic ones. All the chemicals present in the synthetic colours could harm our skin, hairs and even health.
Most Holi colours these days contains all the harmful chemicals. Which results in skin allergies, skin irritation and many more things. Playing Holi is becoming more dangerous nowadays. Due to the chemicals used in it.
Here are some ways to protect your skin, hairs, nails and specially your eyes.
Our eye is the most sensitive part of our body. We need to take a lot of precaution during this Holi festival.
Because if the colour gets into our eyes then it could be dangerous for our eyes. Not taking care of your eyes could result in eye allergies, temporary blindness, irritation etc.
Here are some ways to save your eyes this Holi season.
Eye Care For Holi
- Always cover your eyes whenever there is a chance of colour coming into contact with your eye. Sunglasses are really very helpful at this time.
- Use a thick cold cream around your eyes, so that the colour fades away easily.
- If you are wearing contact lenses remove them while playing Holi.
- Also, keep in mind to cover or close your eyes tightly when the colour is splashed.
- Avoid touching your eyes or rubbing your eyes. Because this is the major reason that can cause eye infections.
Hair Care For Holi
- Don’t wash your hair and play Holi, let your hair be dirty. Because a dirty scalp can prevent the colours from getting into the roots.
- Apply coconut oil into your roots. Coconut oil will create a barrier between the colour and hair. This would actually save your hair.
- Don’t let your hairs open, tie a braid or a bun. So that the colour will not reach your scalp.
- If you love wearing scarfs or hats wear them. A hat will save your hairs getting damaged.
- After playing Holi, do not wash your hair. Whisk a whole egg and apply in your roots and hair ends.
- An egg will repair your hair which is damaged by the harmful colours. And get back your hair to its original condition.
- Wash your hairs with cold water as it removes all the colour easily.
- Use a mild chemical free shampoo for your hairs.
Nail Care For Holi
Do not regret your nails as that is where colours can settle down and enter your digestive system when you eat with your hand.
Save your nails by keeping them short
- Use dark nail paint on the Holi. Apply three to four coats of nail paint which will save your nails from colours.
- You can also apply Vaseline petroleum jelly to your nail cuticles.
- You can remove the nail polish after
holiand reapply new nail polish.
Skincare For Holi
Skincare is really very important on this festival. Pre skincare for holi is something which will save your skin from getting damage.
- Before stepping out, slather your body with a rich body butter or body lotion. This would create a barrier and save your skin from colours.
- Also, you can apply olive oil to your body and face.
- Use a face moisturizer on your face.
- And the most important part is the sunscreen. Use a high SPF sunscreen before stepping out.
- Sunscreen will protect your skin from UV rays.
Cover Up Your Body
- Since Holi is mostly an outdoor activity. Make sure the clothes you wear will cover your whole body.
- As this is the best protective layer to save our body from harmful colours.
- Covering your body from clothes will not only protect you from damage but also from UV rays.
- If however, you feel to wear short clothes no problem, but just follow all the tips carefully.
Tell us your skincare, nailcare, haircare, eyecare for this Holi.